Friday, July 27, 2012

Adoption Questions Anyone? (Post Closed To Questions)

Please Note That This Post Has Been Closed To Questions- we answer 12 of the questions asked on the following 3 blog posts- BIG THANK YOU FOR ASKING :)
Do you have any adoption questions...............PLEASE ASK US!
I asked Matt a couple nights ago if he gets asked questions about adoption- He stopped what he was doing and said 'actually yes'- I then asked him if the questions felt invasive (Matt is the more private of the 2 of us).........His response actually surprised me 'Nope, not at all!'.......so then I asked him if he would be willing to sit down and write a blog post with me answering adoption questions- For the second time in my blogging history (Matt helped me write 18 Tips to Celebrate 18 Years of Marriage) my man and are are going to share the stage-
You have several ways you can ask your questions.....

  • facebook by way of private message
  • e-mail me (blessingofadoption@hotmail.com)
  • Under the comment section of this blog (I will not post the questions asked)
Just to put a few things out there for you to think about.......

  • The most asked question Matt gets is 'Is it hard to love a child that is not biologically yours?'
  • The most asked question I get is 'Are you afraid that Ellie's birth parents will want her back and you will loose her?'
Some facts about our adoption.........

  • We adopted domestically (from the US)
  • Our adoption was a private adoption (we did not adopt through the State)
  • We did not adopt through an agency (although we we signed up with one) but instead through a private Attorney
  • We have an open adoption (meaning we have contact with our birth mom Heather)
  • We received a grant from an Agency called Show Hope to help cover the costs of our adoption
PLEASE DON'T HOLD BACK IN YOUR ASKING OF QUESTIONS!  Adoption is a beautiful thing and important to be educated about if it is something you are considering.......I am so thankful for all the people (including blogs I read that I did not know the people personally) that opened up about adoption... what it was really like........people who had experienced it...........people who had lived it (birth mothers, children that have been adopted, and parents that have adopted)

Happy Friday!
Steph

A great resource for Adoption Information and Adoption Grants

No comments: